30 June 2014

June 2014

                Since I am way behind on blogging, I am going to try to do a quick catch up on June.  This month was Declan’s big one year celebration.  On June 22nd, we had his 1st birthday party.  We just kept it simple and had family over to celebrate.  I made him banana cupcakes with maple cream cheese frosting and he liked them.  For the meal though, we had a grilled cheese bar since he loves grilled cheeses.  I made homemade bread and we had all kinds of fun goodies to put in our grilled cheeses.  We had a bunch of fun and he got lots of trucks as well as a water table and some balls. J







                While still talking about Declan, he has dropped down to 3 feedings.  We did it by accident while we were out and about and since I was already hoping to drop it, we just went ahead and said goodbye.  He also loves to hide things.  We actually lost a pair of Alethea’s sandals for almost a week because Declan likes to play with them and he decided it was a good idea to hide them in the kitchen cabinet underneath the sink and I didn’t find it until I went to take out the recycling, lol!  He is such a happy-go-lucky kiddo and he loves to walk around and throw balls.

Walking boy

Sibling love

                We had lots of fun with our life group going to the park this month.  Alethea and Delcan both had a blast and we enjoyed some dinner afterward at McAlisters.  We have really enjoyed having a chance to get to know new friends from church.
                This month also marked the loss of 5 trees in our back yard.  We lost part of one in a storm and after investigating why, we discovered we had 5 dying trees in our back yard.  We gained a ton of open space, but we lost a ton of shade.  It has set us back a bit on our backyard set up though.  We still need to regrade the yard as well as add a fence, but we spent a nice chunk of change on the tree removal so our schedule Is a bit behind.
                We had some fun farm trips this month.  Early in the month, Alethea and I went on a field trip with our mom’s group to Harvest Moon Dairy Farm.  It was a fun date for us and Alethea really enjoyed getting to feed both the big cows and the baby cows.  Later in the month, we went with my mom, sister-in-law, and niece to Hubers Farm to pick strawberries.  We came back with 40lbs to split and made a ton of goodies as a result.  I made strawberry muffins, pancakes, jam, and sauce.  We had fun and look forward to more u-pick experiences together.






                Last thing to note, we celebrated another year of Ben being an awesome Daddy.  Our kiddos are so lucky to have him as their Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment