How Far Along:
15 weeks
Due Date:
February 28th, 2015
Weight Gain:
I am not positive, but I think it's around 7lbs which is way more than either of my other pregnancies so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out, lol!
Weight Gain:
I am not positive, but I think it's around 7lbs which is way more than either of my other pregnancies so it will be interesting to see how it all turns out, lol!
Boy or girl:
It will be a surprise come February! We would love to have either and there are positives to both. It would be fun for Declan to have a little brother close in age, but I would also love for Alethea to experience having a sister (something I never had).
Bump Picture:
The average fetus at 15 weeks weighs 2.5 ounces and measures 4 inches -- and his proportions are becoming even more normal, since his legs now out-measure his arms.
Symptoms:
I am feeling less and less nauseous thankfully. Still not feeling the burst of energy I usually get in the 2nd trimester, so I will be glad when that arrives. My worst symptom has been headaches. They are much more intense than I ever remember with the other two kiddos. I definitely hope this is a quickly ending phase.
Currently craving:
I really don't have cravings during pregnancy. As I always say, I just want things that I always love, I just give myself the excuse to eat more of them. :-) And thankfully, I don't have any aversions this time around. The biggest thing is that if I get to hungry, I want food and I want it right away, lol.
Currently Avoiding:
Nothing.
Belly button status:
In, but never went out with either kiddo, so I don't anticipate an outie.
Movement:
I have starting feeling flutters. Nothing crazy yet, but I can definitely tell it is baby!
Name:
We have thrown around names and we are currently discussing E names to go along with our current family theme. (Alethea, Ben, Cori, Declan, Baby E = A,B,C,D,E!)
Any appointments?:
Appointment on Wednesday 9/10. It is just a regular appointment so nothing crazy hopefully.
Any baby related
purchases?:
We had to buy new blankets because Declan has grown attached to my two favorite swaddling blankets. We have also purchased new breathable bumpers because the other bumpers have been well worn (and thrown up on) by two kiddos and needed a replacement.
Alethea and Declan:
Alethea is over the moon excited and often asks if she can do this or that with the new baby when she comes. (She is convinced baby is a girl, lol.) She even tries to help with naming Baby E and wants to know what we are going to name him/her. Declan is pretty much clueless. We haven't really invested any time in explaining to him yet because I doubt he would understand. We will probably focus more on informing him once 2015 arrives and his understanding is hopefully better.
Random:
We will be having another c-section. It will be our first planned c-section so we will actually know the day Baby E will arrive. As much as I wanted to have a VBA2C, that really isn't an option for me. It isn't the safest option for me or baby and there isn't a doctor locally that will do one anyway. We are at peace with our family being limited at 4 (should we choose to have a 4th), since it is typically suggested to only have 4 c-sections. Though it is not my first desire, I am a bit excited about the fact that, once we get closer to due date, we will have a scheduled day for Baby E to arrive. This is even more of a relief since Alethea's birthday is 7 days before the due date so we will be able to celebrate her birthday and, unless Baby E decides to try to come early, have Baby E afterward.

No comments:
Post a Comment