17 December 2010

32 weeks down, 8 to go!

Wow, it’s hard to believe that I only have 8 weeks left until my estimated due date!  Time is definitely flying by.  We had our regular appointment and this time it was with the midwife.  There are 5 doctors in the practice, any of which could potentially deliver our baby, and this was the last one that we had yet to meet.  To be quite honest I was a little concerned about meeting her because I had heard she was a little tougher, but she actually turned out to be my favorite of all of them.  She was really super nice and even though we were her last appointment of the day she was very interested in all of my questions and was super talkative.  That is definitely not typically the case when I go in for appointments.

The appointment went well.  We found out for sure that my glucose test went well, which we had figured since didn’t hear anything.  From that test though they discovered that my iron levels are borderline being a concern.  So it looks like I am going to have to start eating more iron rich foods. 

I also got in a bit of trouble too because according to their calculations I hadn’t gained anything, but had actually lost a ½ a lb. since the last appointment.  However, according to my weigh ins, since the last appointment 6 weeks ago I had gained 2 lbs. which makes me at least feel better that I am going up in weight.  Either way, the doctor said that by my next appointment in 4 weeks I need to have gained at least 3 1lbs.  My parents were at the appointment too and she turned to them and said that they needed to make sure to fatten me up over the holidays. J  So hopefully, as long as I don’t have a Thanksgiving repeat, I can continue to gain about a lb. a week like I have been over the past several weeks.

As far as baby, everything is looking good.  The heartbeat slowed a little bit so now it is in the mid 140s.  My uterus was measuring a little small though, only 30cm, which she said if I can pick up my weight gain that should help with that too.  But overall she said everything looks great and baby is moving around healthy.

In general everything has been going well with the pregnancy.  The tiredness has seemed to return so around 3ish every day I pretty much hit a wall that I have to push through until bedtime.  Then I have also had some pretty bad hip pain of late to the point where many days I have a bit of a limp.  None of these are ideal symptoms, but really if they are the least of my worries, I am good to go!  Only 8ish more weeks!

32 week belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment